Monday, July 30, 2012

Dealing with migraines

I got my first migraine when I was in fifth grade which was not a pleasant experience as anyone who has ever had a migraine can tell you. If you have never experienced a migraine, you are lucky because it is basically an extremely painful headache. Imagine feeling like somebody is beating a hammer over your head, dizziness, and nausea combined and that is the best way I can describe a migraine.

Over the years; I have gotten them on and off as I inherited a tendency to migraines from my Dad's side of the family. Growing up; I got them so often that over time; I eventually was able to deal with the pain of the migraine and just rest when I got home. In most of my jobs; I have had migraines on more than one occasion, but did not say anything to my fellow coworkers or clients and then rested when I got home. I have even done transcriptions with full blown migraines which I will probably wind up doing again in the future since I enjoy doing transcriptions.

I know I am not the only person in the world who has managed to work with full blown migraines. I am not saying that is a good idea to work with a migraine or that it is easy to do, but if you put your mind to it; you can do anything including working with an excruciating headache.

Does anybody else suffer from migraines? If so, how do you usually deal with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment