Saturday, July 28, 2012

Music to my ears


I am sure many of us have heard the saying that one man's junk is another man's treasure (or some variation of it). Obviously, that is because everybody has different tastes in lots of different areas of life which I think is a good thing. If everybody liked and disliked the exact same things; then the world would probably be pretty boring. It's the differences in life that makes it more interesting as long as we all respect each others' differences.


I think the saying is just as true for sounds as well as material objects. It is my belief that if you listen hard enough; you can hear music in anything whether it be listening to the radio, listening to kids play, listening to animals, during a thunderstorm, or even hearing a friend for family member snore.


While I have no problem admitting there are even some forms of music that I am not too crazy about, I still appreciate music in all forms. If you really listen to the sounds of nature with an open mind and try to hear the music, it can be a wondrous thing. For example; a thunderstorm can be a bit scary for some people, but I guess if you really listen; the thunder could be nature's percussion for some people.


I have often heard another saying that music soothes the soul. I have always believed that listening for nature's music can cheer you up when you are feeling down as well as help you feel more relaxed, but it has been a while that I have actually listened myself. So the next time you start feeling depressed, try really listening for the music hidden within the sounds of the world.

How many of you have found musical sounds in nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment